Blessings for Our Amigos for Christ
On Saturday, October 25, six members of our parish will head to Nicaragua as part of an ecumenical mission group from Gainesville. Jay, Linden, Doug, Tricia, Jennifer, and Julia will join folks from other Gainesville churches, working with the Amigos for Christ organization to help bring clean water to families in rural Central America. We send them with our prayers, and with the hope that the stories and experiences they gain will help us continue developing our awareness of our call to show compassion to those in need.
Three New Group Study Options
Join us in the Parlor on Wednesday, October 29, at 7:00 PM to hear our associate rector, Cynthia Park, discuss three new possibilities for group study.
- The first is directed toward adults who are dealing with aging parents. This facilitated support group follows the cartoon book Can’t We Talk About Something More Pleasant? written by New Yorker cartoonist Roz Chast.
- The second option is directed toward anyone who finds that the holidays seem to create unhealthy pressure and stress to the point that they are not enjoyable. This four-week study, “Staying Sane During Sacred Seasons” is a program that Dr. Park developed out of her years as a family therapist. Each week focuses on issues around holiday eating, spending, drinking, and family and what the Bible and our faith tradition along with psychology can contribute to the conversation.
- The third is a video study series, “Loving Your Kids on Purpose,” a practical guide for Christian parents committed to raising healthy, well-adjusted children.
GWAG on October 29: #eatprayserve
Our occasional 5th Wednesday GWAG programs are reserved for our Ministry of Compassion night where we will delve into Outreach at Grace. On October 29, Mr. David Smith, executive director of Center Point, will be visiting with us and sharing a little bit about the organization and its impact on our community. Make a dinner reservation no later than 12:00 PM on Monday, October 27. more GWAG details
Mini Retreat for Youth Leaders and Parents
All parents and leaders of youth in grades 6-12 are invited to join Fr. Stuart for a time of reflection, discernment, and vision about our youth ministry on Saturday morning, November 1, from 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM. We will share a conversation about:
1. Where we have been; what has worked; what has not been transformative or enriching.
2. What hopes and dreams we have for youth ministry at Grace.
3. What we discern the Spirit is saying to us about God’s dreams for our youth and parish.
Please plan on attending, on listening to one another, and above all listening to God.
Prayers for the Requiem Litany
As part of the Mozart Requiem at 5:00 PM on Sunday, November 2, we will offer prayers for all those in our lives who have died. If you want to remember a loved one in this way, please email Fr. Stuart and share those names with him. We will collect them and incorporate them into our worship that evening. Don’t feel limited to just the previous year; if there is anyone close to you, please know that you can share their name as we celebrate the fullness of what the Feast of All Saints’ means.